REDIMED’s medico-legal team of professional and experienced medical specialists is committed to delivering timely, comprehensive medico-legal reports.
Our medico-legal Specialists include expert Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeons and Occupational Physicians providing an unparalleled, superior medico-legal service.
We work closely with our clients to ensure the relevant purpose/s of an assessment are identified and thoroughly addressed in a comprehensive medical report.
Our medico-legal services offer fast turnaround times and the ability to settle matters efficiently and cost effectively.
Fitness for Work and Work Capacity Assessments
Our fitness for work assessments provide recommendations to assist employers in determining an employee’s functional capacity to perform their role safely and their ability to return to work following an injury or illness.
The assessments comprise a full consultation with a Medical Practitioner or Occupational Physician, and when required, a physical assessment is conducted to assist Doctors in determining an employee’s functional capacity for their role.
REDIMED performs comprehensive work capacity assessments providing recommendations to assist insurers and employers in determining an injured worker’s functional ability to perform their role safely at full capacity following an injury or illness.
Our Specialists can also conduct non-face-to-face medico-legal assessments such as file reviews and medical opinions.
Independent Medical Examinations & Medico-Legal reports
An Independent Medical Examination (IME) can assist throughout a claim to provide the appropriate treatment recommendations, liability or current capacity.
As our Specialists continue to treat, we can provide opinions based on current clinical experience, and comment founded on recent clinical studies and up to date treatment options.
Unlike some providers, our Doctors will conduct a phone consultation with the Case Manager prior to the IME to gain a better understanding of the purpose of the assessment and to provide accurate advice on treatment solutions.
Please note: REDIMED will assess personal injuries and Motor Vehicle claims but will not assess Medical Negligence claims.
Permanent Impairment Assessments
REDIMED provides fast turnaround times and a quality assurance check to ensure there are no errors in the calculations.
Our approved Medical Specialists complete permanent impairment assessments using the AMS 5th Edition under the WorkCover WA and NSW Guides.
Our Specialists are supported by a team of Allied Health Professionals who are extensively trained in occupational health to ensure an accurate and objective outcome.
- Plastic & reconstructive surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Hand, wrist & finger injuries
- Lower limb orthopaedic
- Burn & scar injuries
- Upper limb orthopaedic
- Diseases of the brain & spine
- Back & spinal injuries
- Occupational medicine
- We provide a personalised service, working closely with our clients to ensure the relevant purpose/s of an assessment are identified and thoroughly addressed in a comprehensive medical report.
- Access to an online booking system allowing you to easily book an available appointment within your required timeframe with the Medical Specialists of your choice. We will send a timely reminder prior to appointments to ensure the worker is aware of their appointment time.
- Our Consultants and Specialists continue to treat patients, ensuring they are up to date with the latest evidence based practices and treatment solutions.
- Appointments can be completed at any of our Perth locations – Belmont, Joondalup and Rockingham.
- We aim to deliver reports within two weeks from the date of an appointment and can facilitate urgent appointments delivering within a fast turnaround time.
- Our Medico-Legal Department is supported by a Quality Assurance sector; a two-layered approach ensuring the highest standard of medico-legal reports.
- We offer a specialised team to assist with all medico-legal assessments. All claimants’ assessments are conducted by our experienced and qualified Allied Health Professionals in conjunction with an Approved Medical Specialist (AMS) to ensure an accurate and objective outcome.
- We offer tailored educational seminars and training sessions for Insurers and Legal Practitioners.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (08) 9230 0900 for more information.
Make a Medico-Legal booking
To download our Medico-Legal brochure click here.